Just one per year won't kill you....

Photobucket
I got up and quickly grabbed the Easter baskets from the garage along with the camping chairs. I put the baskets together, Buddy scattered the eggs around the yard and set up the camping chairs facing east on our brick deck. I boiled water and scooped hot chocolate mix into each cup, poured, stirred and woke up the kids to come pick up their hot chocolate mug on the way out to witness yet another spectacularly brilliant morning sunrise at the brink of a new day. Can you hear the heavenly angelic music accompaning the sunrise?

In our family we have religious traditions mixed into our Sat/Sun Easter holiday celebrations but there is one tradition in particular that I am unapologetically prepared to take some razzing for.


This morning our whole family ate DONUTS! Yes, that's right. I break my own rule of serving only healthy foods in order to carry out a tradition we started 15 years ago--before I knew better. It's hard to argue with tradition albeit nutritiously negligent.

Eating a donut in our case is a religious experience and you'd agree if you were there when we lifted the lid on the Krispy Kreme box and beheld the glorious sight of the perfectly round, beautifully glazed, soft, plump, fried goodness. No conversation was needed to juggle donuts and hot chocolate a perfect morning sunrise.

Last year, more concerned about my reputation as a fitness expert than tradition, I tried to substitute the donuts for homemade "health" muffins. The muffins were snubbed.

A friend of mine sent out a newsletter entitled, "Don't be Perfect, Just Better" And therein lies the answer. Donuts are fun! Donuts are a treat! And if you've ever had a Krispy Kreme donut, you'd say they are a dream! I have had to come to terms with the fact that 1 donut per year isn't going to kill us. It probably won't contribute to shortening our lives either. Even being gluten intolerant I wasn't able to stay completely away from glazed perfection. Mostly, I specialized in cleaning the frosting from the bottom of the box.

Tomorrow, I WILL do better.


Post a Comment

About This Blog

Our philosophy at Fitness LEVEL 10 is that everyone has the potential to be a great leader. First we must feel great and then we can lead others by our example.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP